One of the most popular commercial Christmas decorations every season is holiday lights.
Adding Christmas lights to city centres, business and shopping areas, malls, hotels and businesses of all types, are one of the best ways to add holiday magic and charm to your customers. We get a lot of questions about best practices for hanging Christmas lights so we’ve put together our list to help you make the most of your holiday light display.
Top 3 Christmas Commercial Holiday Light Tips
- Create a plan – Map out your plan before you start. You can use a professional installer, like our team here at Dekra, or hire a team to install your lights. Either way, make sure you plan out your design ahead of time to make sure you have enough lights.
- Use the right light for the right job. Make sure you only use lights and extension cords approved for outdoor use on your outdoor Christmas light displays. Safety first!
- Don’t mix and match different strings of different lengths. Different lengths of lights are rated for different amperages.
Bulbology: Wondering what type of bulb to choose? Here’s a breakdown of our most popular styles.
- LED Mini Lights tend to be the most popular. Our collection of CSA LED Mini Lights are great for indoor and outdoor décor, commercial Christmas decorations, commercial Christmas displays, mall Christmas decorations and make great accents for Christmas trees. Our C6 mini lights are small, more traditionally-shaped lights. Bulbs are 3/4 inch in diameter and 1 1/8 inches tall.
- C7 bulbs are similar to C6s but are slightly larger and rounder. They are 1 inch in diameter and 1-1/2 inches tall.
- C9 bulbs are the big brothers of the holiday bulb family. They are frequently used in outdoor applications.